Posts tagged Safe
Question by Ton H: Is it safe to go online shopping with Google Chrome?
Normally do I log into my personal accounts that has to do with money and shopping using previous browsers like Sea Monkey, and Opera. Now I am using Google Chrome, and I wonder if it would be safe to use it for online shopping such as, and entering in sensetive information over the net even with SSL encryption security.
I just wanted an answer for anyone else before I give it a go.
Answer by Jeremy T
Its as safe as any other browser. Probably safer then IE.
Edit: acutally, i’m going to say if you’ve used sea monkey and opera, you probably know more about browser then anybody who is going to answer your question (myself included).
Use your own judgment, but i wouldn’t hesitate to use it.
Give your answer to this question below!
This Christmas make the shopping more easily with online Christmas shopping. There are many scams out there who will trick into buying products which are not worth and you will end up buying something you never need. Here are some of the tips which will help in getting the best of the online Christmas shopping.
What should you do:
1. Start a list before November 1stbut accept that the list will continue to rise until midnight December 24that.
2. Do not set a budget and include wrappers, shipping calculations and notes of thanks, but acknowledge that their budget will be reduced until midnight December 24that.
3. Prioritize their wish list and have it semi-finished before 5 December.
4. Do research the age of the recipient, date of birth, sex, diet preferences, hobbies, personality, marital status, social behavior, etc. (take detailed notes and keep them for future gift giving occasions.)
5. Give more time to issues of shipping, damaged product returns and exchanges.
6. Do not try to buy gifts for everyone.
What you shouldn’t do:
* Do not use your credit card to buy gifts unless you can pay the full balance at the end of the month. The minimum payments on credit card may take up to 52 years to pay off a balance of $ 5.000.
* Do not buy gifts that require costly maintenance beneficiaries cannot afford, remember the old saying, “it’s the thought that counts”?
* Do not throw receipts until January 15 next year.
* Do not give a gift without a gift card attached.
* Do not over analyze the process of gift, which is simple, the holidays are stressful enough.
ted brown is one of the senior Research and Developer for online shopping firms. He used to search best among word wild web to get exact price comparison website. He has great innovative ideas that build a big experience in his field
Article from articlesbase.com
Online shopping is a fun and easy way to shop, and get access to a wide variety of products and services. It is also a convenient way to compare prices of different stores to get the best deals with no legwork involved.
It is therefore not surprising that shopping online has gained phenomenal popularity in recent years due to its convenience, variety and cost. Online stores also often provide the best deals as they may not have the phenomenal overheads that a physical store in a shop or shopping mall might have. Online shopping has also been a great service to people living in less populated areas as they now have access to a greater variety of goods and services that they might never otherwise have.
However, with online shopping so widespread and popular these days, people quite often let their guard down, and ignore safe online shopping practices. This is especially so in peak shopping periods such as Christmas and other holidays, which are opportune times for cyber criminals to strike.
So, how can online shoppers shop safely to avoid an online shopping mishap?
Here are 10 tips for safe online shopping.
1. Buy from online shopping websites that offer secure transactions.
One way is to look out for websites with a graphic of a padlock at the bottom of the screen, which denotes a ‘secured gateway’.
2. Beware phishing scams
Avoid sending sensitive data like your credit-card number via e-mail messages. Do also ensure that your security software and firewalls are updated regularly.
3. Change your PIN or password regularly for high-risk Internet activities
Changing your password regularly provides a safeguard in case someone discovers your password. This is especially important if you use shared computers. Avoid letting anyone having access to your account, especially if you have e-mail messages containing passwords that you have just reset.
4. Check that your credit card offers you adequate protection.
Credit cards usually offer buyer protection against fraud, lost shipments, broken merchandise and other problems. However, if you are unsure if your credit card offers all these protections, please contact your credit card provider to check.
5. Ensure you know what you are buying.
Do ask questions if in doubt. Good online stores do usually provide a reasonable description of the item. However, if you have any questions regarding any aspect of the item, please contact the merchant to ask before purchase. Good merchants will respond to you in a timely manner. If they do not respond, it is advisable not to make the purchase as it shows a lack of service and response should you have a problem. It is also usually less hassle not to purchase something you have doubts about in the first place than trying to return an item.
6. Find out all shipping information, including costs, methods offered and delivery times are before you commit to a purchase.
Always calculate the full cost of the item, INCLUDING shipping before you commit to purchase. Many reputable sites will have the shipping costs in a section of their website. However, some unscrupulous online merchants may advertise an item very cheaply, but recover their costs through exorbitant shipping charges.
Delivery times can differ from store to store. Despatch timelines depend on the store’s internal processing and warehousing. Do check how long it will take for the goods to be delivered from the time you place the order. This will help you to avoid disappointment and curb panic should the goods not arrive as per your expectations.
Delivery times can also be affected by the shipping method the store uses, or the method you pay for (should the store offer different methods – see below). Find out the cost and delivery times of each shipping method offered. If this information is not on the site, do contact the merchant to ask. In general, the cheaper a shipping method is, the less secure it is and longer it takes. Also, clearly understand whose responsibility it is to insure the goods in transit. This will help avoid a misunderstanding should the goods be lost or damaged in transit.
7. Record all contact with the merchant.
This means saving all correspondence with the merchant and making a diary note of phone calls, including the date, time and who you spoke to. Record any significant exchanges between you and the merchant.
8. Ensure that the delivery address you provide is valid.
It is useful to read through the details of your order before you confirm your order. Make sure that the delivery address you provide is accurate, including spelling and postcode. Deliveries can and have been delayed or lost because of inaccurate delivery address details.
9. Check your credit card transactions
If you have paid for your online purchase with your credit card, do check your credit card transactions to ensure you have been charged for the goods at the correct price.
10. Save and print the emailed or published invoice that the merchant sends with your order.
This is extremely important as it verifies your order.
While not exhaustive, these simple online shopping safety precautions can help to minimise problems when making a purchase online.
Find More Safe Online Shopping Articles
safe online shopping eBay auctions you should keep an eye on:BEING SAFE ONLINE AT CHRISTMAS-ONLINE SHOPPING-PDF EBOOK-RR RESELL RIGHTS
End Date: Tuesday Mar-11-2014 1:19:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $0.99
Buy it now | Add to watch list
Book for the Kindle: Being Safe Online at Christmas: Online Shopping Safety Guide
We are pleased to offer thousands of books for the Kindle, including thousands of hard-to-find literature and classic fiction books.
Click on our Editor Name (eBo
List Price: $ 0.99
- Holiday family giftPaper, polyfoamSet of 12 decorations
Families gather for Christmas, and these snowmen are no different. They fill each one of our Let It Snow Christmas ornaments with all the warmth, cheer and fun of the season, along with the magic of their personalities. The set of 12 comes in a decorative storage box that needs only a bow and a tag to become a fabulous gift for newlyweds, or the family with young children or pets where non-shattering ornaments are important. Paper and polyfoam. Each ball measures 3 inches diameter x 3 ½ inch
List Price: $ 0.00